Personal Paranormal Encounters2018-04-23T18:10:46-04:00

Home Forums General Personal Paranormal Encounters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This thread will be used to discuss your personal paranormal encounters in life. We would love to hear stories so I’ll start.

On March 17, 2017, my dad and I had gone to one of our city’s Ukrainian Orthodox churches to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the death of my mother. My mother, who had died in 2016 at the age of 60, suffered from jaundice and cancer of the liver.

During the service, the chandelier lights, which were newly installed, blinked briefly. I thought nothing of it at first until they blinked again 5 minutes later. They never did blink for the remainder of the service. I wasn’t sure what to make of it afterwards until I thought that it could not be possible that such newly installed lights would blink like that at any time on their own. I then concluded that it could had been the spirit of my mother who had come in to check on the service and then leave shortly thereafter.

My mother was not the kind of person in life to leave events briefly unless it was absolutely of no interest to her or she had personal issues with those in attendance. She always had issues with my dad who had domestically abused her a couple of decades ago and made her depressed. So, any events that were fronted by my dad would not had been appreciated by her, even if he meant well because of her past domestic issues with him. This leads me to my next point.

Before my mother’s death, she had the means to be treated for her cancer but she flatly refused. To her, it would’ve meant further mental and psychological abuse at the hands of my father and she couldn’t tolerate it anymore even for our sakes. She was THAT depressed!

In a way, I was sad to have her go but at the same time, I truly felt that this was the decision she wanted. If anything, to be free from my dad’s abuse and to be reunited with her own family and lost friends who had looked out for her in the old country. So she is at peace.

And there you have it. Anyone else want to share a story?

analogdigitalcafe
    Participant

Nice and Informative Post thanks for sharing such great article.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar