If you haven’t yet, you should check out Vidi.Space’s series Johnny Houser VS. In Johnny’s second season he single-handedly takes on the Malvern Manor while he spends multiple nights alone in the infamous location.
New Malvern Manor History Confirmed By The Other Side
While investigating the Manor’s attic Johnny begins receiving messages featuring the name Eunice. Soon after the name was said Josh Heard, the owner of the Malvern Manor, confirms some amazing new history recently discovered relating to a girl named Eunice and her death at the Malvern Manor.
The Malvern Manor’s History
First owned as a family home by Mr. Isaac. B. Ringland (1827-1880) formerly from Pennsylvania, he moved to Malvern in 1869, working in the lumber business. He was married to Mary A. Evans, had five children, William (died in infancy), Harvey, Emma, Mary Eva, and Margaret. He was elected as mayor during this time.
1890 – After the passing of Mr. and Mrs. Ringland, the home was in possession of R. E. K. Mellor, a family associate.
1890 – The Ringland family home was sold to Julia Betts. The property was expanded, and the building was refitted and furnished for use as a hotel/boarding house. While construction was going on, a small bible was uncovered in a cornice, most likely from a Masonic rite when the building was under construction.
1891- The Cottage Hotel opens to the public.
1895 – After Julia Betts’ passing, the Cottage Hotel was purchased by Dr. George A. Avrill in December. Dr. Avrill spent hundreds of dollars expanding the property to the house twice it’s former capacity. This hotel was very popular with railway travelers, and the boarding house was the residence of the local doctor, I.U. Parsons. The property was eventually sold to his son A. D. Avrill and daughter Florence Avrill while George retired to California.
1903 – Due to failing health, Mr. Avrill leased the property to C. W. Reed, an Omaha hotelier who runs the Cottage Hotel for the next two years.
1905 – Avrill trades the property for 300 acres of land, to a Mr. H. J. Bower of Hamburg, IA. The property is then leased to Mrs. Allen and LeGore, who updated the interior of the hotel and reopened it to the public.
1906 – 1956 the Cottage Hotel passes through many hands, however, many of the owners do not stay more than a year. The name changes to the Piper Hotel, and its last owner is Cuba Cox.
1970 – A former employee of the Nishna Cottage, Geraldine Foster-Reed takes over ownership of the group home. The group home eventually turned into a care facility for the mentally disabled and ultimately closed due to multiple health code violations